We held a chair exercise class this morning at Loose Valley Care Home.
A motivational class, it focused on movements with the arms, hands, fingers and legs, feet and ankles, with instructor Louise Rose directing us with what to do.
- A warm up with leg, arm and head movements and toe and finger wiggling
- Squeezing a ball in the hand
- Shaking scarves up and down
- Making a fist and pretending to box
- Throwing bean bags into a bucket for coordination
Our residents really look forward to the class and we always have a laugh trying to remember the order in which we have to move our arms!